It’s that time of the week again.
Sunday night when the anxiety sets in with the week looming ahead of me like a big shitbomb of suck.
I am determined to hang on to the threads of positivity I have worked so hard to weave together on a weekly basis, so here it comes.
Hope this clears the fog that the bomb leaves behind…
1. Hubby told me he didn’t want to go to a birthday party with me because he had to stay home and fix the toilet. Yeah. He did say that. I grumbled and mumbled under my breath about him wanting to fix this toilet instead of spending time with his family and grumble mumble mumble grumble…
I come home and he tells me to come outside with him a minute. He leads me to the garage, and surprises me with an early Mother’s Day present…. A new stand up paddle board!!! I’ve been wanting one since last summer. I was so happy. I forgave him for staying home and fixing the toilet.
2. I got a new enormous iPhone 6 Plus. It doesn’t delete appointments out of my calendar or my music anymore like my last phone did. My husband makes fun of it being enormous, but I don’t care. I love my big giant enormous new phone!
3. I owed a shit ton of money for overdue books at my library. I finally put on my big girl panties and marched down to the library with my wallet to pay all the fees. I anticipated like a mortgage payment worth of fees to pony up. The lady at the desk looked and looked and she said I didn’t owe a penny. I KNOW I owed as I was getting emails and notices sent to me. She said its all cleared and I must have a library fairy godmother.
I apparently have a library fairy godmother!!!!! How exciting is that????
4. Cardinals are starting to come to our bird feeder. Cardinals are fucking awesome and I am sooooo happy.
5. I had a week off from work. I needed that time to mentally prepare for this year coming to a close. I don’t know how mentally prepared I am, but a week off from work is still better than having to go there waiting for this year to be over.
That’s it. Next week it’s Mother’s Day. I know I’ll have more happy things to celebrate soon.